- Your privacy on the Internet is of utmost importance to the LAMP® Trust (Lorraine Academy of Music & Performance). This privacy statement describes LAMP®’s policy concerning the gathering and sharing of visitors’ information through the LAMP® web site. You should note that through this site you may reach or be directed to other sites that relate to LAMP®, such as lamp-india.org or the sites of our associates, sponsors, CSR partners (the various organizations that support LAMP®); all these sites have their own privacy statements which are similar to this one but may vary slightly. By visiting the LAMP® website you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
- Your personal information may comprise of the following:
- your name
- your age
- your occupation
- a user ID and password of your choice
- your email and mailing address
- your mobile number
- your payment processing details
- limited personal details
- any other data as LAMP® may require
- Normal website usage
In general, you can browse the LAMP® site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. The only information we gather during general browsing is from standard server logs. These include your IP (Internet Protocol) address, domain name, browser type, operating system, and information such as the web site that referred you to us, the files you downloaded, the pages you visit, and the dates/times of those visits.
- Collection of personally identifiable information
If you register for a newsletter, log on to certain LAMP® sites, order a book or other merchandise, request information, provide feedback, apply for a job, join a discussion group or join an electronic mailing list, you will be asked to provide personal information such as your name, postal address and e-mail address. This information is collected only with your knowledge and permission, and is kept in various LAMP® databases. If you are donating on the web, you may be asked to provide your credit card details.
For certain LAMP® sites, registering or supplying personal information sets a cookie. By setting this cookie, LAMP® will remember your details the next time you visit, so you don’t have to re-enter the information. This helps us to provide you with a better service.
Joining electronic discussion groups may mean that other participants of the discussion group (including non-LAMP employees) will see personal information that you have volunteered. For open discussion groups, this information will be public.
- Special note about information from children
Several sites in the LAMP® domain are focused on children, including interactive sites such as group discussions. Some of these require user-specific information to be provided to LAMP®. We ask for the minimum amount of personal information in this case. These parts of the LAMP® site are for children and authorized adults only and unauthorized adults are not to participate in these parts of the LAMP® site. (Obtaining user information helps us in that regard if needed.)
Children should make sure their parents, or the adults who are caring for them, know they are participating in the LAMP® sites and are providing this limited user information.
- What does LAMP® do with information it collects?
Normal web usage
The information gathered during general browsing of the “lamp-india.org” domain is used to analyse trends and usage of the LAMP® site and to improve the usefulness of the site. It is not connected with any personal information. However, if you have registered with LAMP® in connection with any activity on the LAMP® site, the information we collect about your normal web usage will be identifiable to you.
Personally identifiable information
LAMP® may use the personal information you provide to:
- Contact you – either in response to a query or suggestion, or to mail newsletters, documents, publications, etc. to you, and we also may provide the information to the LAMP® national committees so they can contact you as well;
- Manage and process your job application;
- Confirm your purchases and registrations on the site;
- Obtain payment for purchases through the site (via credit card);
- “Remember” your online profile and preferences;
- Help you quickly find information that is relevant to you based on your interests, and help us create site contents most relevant to you;
- Undertake statistical analysis.
What if I don’t want to provide personal information?
Providing personal information on the LAMP® web site is optional. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still browse and use the LAMP® site, but you will not be able to carry out certain actions such as purchasing items, registering for a newsletter, or applying for a job.
Opting out and changing your information
At any time, you can cancel or modify your information by returning to the web page where you first provided the information and contacting the focal point for that page/relevant LAMP® department. Where contact details are not provided on the page, you can contact us for further information.
However, LAMP® assumes no responsibility for the security of information.
The LAMP® site contains links to sites external to the lamp-india.org domain. LAMP® is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
Notification of changes
Types of Cookies
A Cookie is a small amount of data that is sent from the web server to your browser. It is normally used to assign a unique identification to your computer and securely store information such as user IDs, passwords, preferences, and online profiles. It is stored on the hard drive of your computer.
Cookies can be set to expire: on a specified date after a specific period of time when a transaction has been completed or when a user turns off his/her browser.
A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor’s browser closes is called a “session” cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called “persistent” cookies.
Persistent cookies may be used in some cases, for example, to recognize when a visitor returns to a website. The web browser will send the cookie information from the initial visit back to the website. This is useful to the visitor if he or she has established a password at a particular website and wants to be identified by that site to perform a function or transaction.
To browse anonymously, you may set your browser to disable cookies or delete cookies. Please note that disabling cookies for some services will impact ability to use that service.
Refusing Cookies on LAMP®’s Website
Note: Some features and services provided by LAMP® require you to accept a cookie in order to be able to use the particular functionality or service. These cookies are used to establish a link between the user and the application server. The cookies contain unique session IDs, and no customer data is stored on the cookies.
- Usage of Information
Personal information will be used by LAMP® for internal purposes including the following:
- sending you inter alia emails, features, promotional material, surveys, brochures, catalogues, LAMP® Annual Report, LAMP®-in-Action, reminders for donations, regular updates on the utilisation of donations by LAMP® and other updates.
- processing your donations to LAMP® on the Site.
- delivering the Receipt for donations made by you to LAMP®.
- maintaining an internal confidential database of all the Personal Information collected from visitors to the Site.
- evaluating and administering the Site and LAMP®’s activities, responding to any problems that may arise and gauging visitor trends on the Site.
- Disclosure of Personal Information by LAMP®
- Within LAMP®, access to Personal Information collected by LAMP® will be given only to those persons who are authorized by LAMP® and third parties hired by LAMP® to perform administrative services. LAMP® will provide access to third parties for inter alia entering and managing Personal Information in LAMP®’s Database, processing your orders or donations preparing address labels, sending emails, which require such third parties to have access to your Personal Information. LAMP® cannot guarantee that such parties will keep your Personal Information confidential and LAMP® will not be liable in any manner for any loss of confidentiality attributable to such third parties.
- LAMP® may share Personal Information with any persons who are associated with LAMP®, including companies and non-governmental organisations affiliated with LAMP® in any manner. LAMP® will retain ownership rights over such information and will share only such portions of the Personal Information as it deems fit.
- LAMP® is not liable in any manner whatsoever for the loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, consequential or incidental) or harm caused to you by the misuse of your Personal Information by a third party who is not an employee of LAMP®.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein or any other contract between you and LAMP®, LAMP® reserves the right to disclose any Personal Information about you without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any requirement of law, regulation, legal request or legal investigation, to conduct investigations of breaches of law, to protect the Site, to protect LAMP® and it’s property, to fufill your requests, to protect our visitors and other persons and if required by the policy of LAMP®.
- LAMP® endevours to use up-to-date security measures to protect your Personal Information. The site is a VERISIGN approved site.
- LAMP® however does not make any express or implied warranty with respect to the security measures that it may employ from time to time for the protection of the Personal Information.
- Links to other Websites
- Copyright Protection
All content on this Site including graphics, text, icons, interfaces, audio clips, logos, images and software is the property of LAMP® and/or its content suppliers and is protected by Indian and international copyright laws. The arrangement and compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement, and assembly) of all content on this Site is the exclusive property of LAMP® and protected by Indian and international copyright laws. Permission is given to use the resources of this Site only for the purposes of making enquiries, making a donation or placing an order for the purchase of LAMP® products. Any other use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content on this Site can only be made with the express permission of LAMP®. All other trademarks, brands and copyrights other than those belonging to LAMP® belong to their respective owners and are their property.
- LAMP® Donation Refund Policy
LAMP® takes the utmost care to process donations as per the instructions given by our donors, online and offline.
LAMP® is instituting a donation refund policy to ensure fair and transparent processing of requests for refund of donations as digital payments are becoming more frequent.
LAMP® expects that all donors will exercise due care and diligence while making donations. LAMP® also recognizes that a donation may be made erroneously or donors may change their mind.
LAMP® will examine each request for refund of donation and endeavour to make the refund. LAMP® may also seek further information / documents and donor must co-operate in this regard.
However, LAMP® is not obliged to make refunds and may, in its discretion, decline any requests for refund of donations, particularly if a tax exemption certificate has been issued.
- If you would like your donation to LAMP® to be refunded,
- You must request LAMP® in writing by email for a refund and your request must reach LAMP® within 24 hours from the date on which you made the donation i.e. the date on which you:
- Made the donation online, electronically or through other means, OR
- Handed over the cheque / demand draft to LAMP® or someone authorized by LAMP® for this purpose, OR
- Despatched the cheque / demand draft to LAMP® by other means.
The written request stating reason for requesting refund must be sent to the address stated below and must contain all the following details pertaining to the donation:
- Date of donation
- Donation amount
- If donation was made through cheque/draft, please provide Cheque/Draft no.
- If donation was made through credit card, please provide Credit Card no. (last 4 digits only).
- If donation was made online, please provide Donation-ID.
1112, SF, DLF City Phase-4
National Capital Region of Delhi
However, in case of an unlikely event of an erroneous donation or if the donor would like to cancel his donation, LAMP® will respond to the donor within 7 working days of receiving a valid request for refund from the donor. The timely refund of the donation will depend upon the type of credit card / banking instrument used during the transaction. The donor will have to send LAMP® a written request for a refund within 24 hours of making the donation to LAMP®’s official address or email firstname.lastname@example.org along with:
- Proof of the deduction of the donation amount.
- In cases where the donation receipt has already been issued to the donor, the donor will have to return the original receipt to us at our office addresses.
- If the tax exemption certificate is already issued, then we are sorry but we will not be able to refund the donation. However, in case of a valid refund request due to any error on LAMP®’s part, LAMP® will refund the donation and bear the costs of the same.